I wish to draw you attention to a collection of recent adverts in which has something relevant to your schools.
Lets enhance our University in Research Projects and Consultancies. I wish to request you to put an effort. My office and that of the Director Research and Innovation will support you where necessary.
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS Research and documentation of Traditional Knowledge Systems on Biodiversity conservation, climate change and disaster risk reduction in Eastern Africa https://en.unesco.org/news/call-proposals-research-and-documentation-traditional-knowledge-systems-biodiversity
- Call for ApplicationsNorbert Elias Fellowships 2021/22: 2 Fellowships for African researchers to take part in the ZiF Research Group Economic and Legal Challenges in the Advent of Smart Productsfor up to ten months in the academic year 2021/22. https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/ZiF/Aktuell/Norbert_Elias_Fellowships.pdf
- Request for Proposals: Smart Farming Innovations for Small-Scale Producers - Closing Date: Thursday, 25th February 2021 https://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/
- The Conservancy’s Nature Net Science Fellowship operates on the principle that – to address the scope and scale of these environmental challenges – TNC needs to foster a new generation of interdisciplinary conservation science leaders. Now in its sixth year, the Nature Net Science Fellowship awards 2-year fellowships to promising early career scientists. Each fellow is jointly mentored by a Conservancy field practitioner and a senior scholar from a university or accredited research institution on a project with direct application to specific TNC priorities and goals. https://naturenetsciencefellows.org/. Deadline 1st January 2021.
- The Conservation, Food and Health Foundation seeks to protect natural resources, improve the production and distribution of food, and promote public health in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. The foundation helps build the capacity of organizations and coalitions with grants that support research or improve the learning and generation of local solutions to complex problems. The foundation supports projects that demonstrate local leadership and promote professional development in the conservation, agricultural, and health sciences; develop the capacity of local organizations; and address a particular problem or question in the field. http://cfhfoundation.grantsmanagement08.com/. Deadline January 1st 2021
- Research on primates. The Leakey Foundation exclusively funds research related to human origins. Priority of funding is commonly given to exploratory phases of promising new research projects that meet the stated purpose of the Foundation. Deadline January 10th 2021
- Award for transformative agro-ecological research granting organization: bio-vision foundation and the Agro-polis foundation https://www.agropolis-fondation.fr/IMG/pdf/03a_terms_and_conditions_2021_shift_prize_-_final-2.pdf. Deadline January 11th 2021.
- The purpose of this notice of funding opportunity is to conduct epidemiologic, clinical, laboratory, and operations research on infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, and environmental health in Kenya in order to better understand disease burden, risk factors, and effective interventions to influence policy and decrease morbidity and mortality. Through this notice of funding opportunity, the Center for Global Health also seeks to build capacity to improve the quality of research in Kenya. https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329701. Deadline 15th Feb 2021
- Smart Farming Innovations for Small-Scale Producers Request for Proposals (RFP) seeks Smart Farming solutions that leverage digital technology innovations that have the potential to drive positive impact for small scale producer (SSP) entrepreneurs delivered through bundled farmer services and enabled by scalable digital and data platforms. https://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/challenge/smart-farming-innovations-small-scale-producers. Feb 25, 2021, 11:30 am PST.
- STIAS, the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study in South Africa, has opened the fifth annual call of its prestigious Iso Lomso Fellowship Programme. We hereby request that you help us share this opportunity throughout your African academic networks so that we reach the brightest young minds all over the continent. Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future; laying the foundations for tomorrow. The programme is aimed at early to mid-career African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa. Candidates should have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme. All disciplines are considered. https://stias.ac.za/category/iso-lomso/. Application deadline: 15 February 2021.
- The European Commission has decided today to launch a €1 billion call for research and innovation projects that respond to the climate crisis and help protect Europe's unique ecosystems and biodiversity. The Horizon 2020-funded. https://ec.europa.eu/info/fundingtenders/opportunities/portal/screen/programmes/h2020. The deadline for submissions is 26 January 2021, with selected projects expected to start in autumn 2021.
- The Global Health Research Centers programme funds research-driven partnerships between institutions in low and middle income countries and in the UK. By delivering high quality research evidence and strengthening research capacity at all levels, the Centers will improve health outcomes for people in low and middle income countries and support sustainable growth of the research ecosystem in these countries. https://www.nihr.ac.uk/funding/global-health-research-centres-call-1-research-and-institutional-capacity-strengthening-in-non-communicable-diseases/24758. Closes: 13:00 on 31 March 2021
- The IMMANA Competitive Research Grants are aimed at accelerating the development of innovative and interdisciplinary methods, metrics and tools to advance the scientific understanding of the linkages between agriculture and food systems and health and nutrition outcomes, in order to better inform policy and programmatic actions to improve nutrition outcomes in low and middle-income countries (LMICs). This work stream of the IMMANA programme is led by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. This is the 4th and final funding round for the IMMANA grants. Each IMMANA grant will be a maximum of £250,000 and up to 8 grants (4 development and 4 validation) are expected to be awarded through a competitive selection process. https://immana.lcirah.ac.uk/grants. January 21st 2021
- The Culture & Animals Foundation (CAF) funds academic and artistic projects that raise public awareness about animal rights. Grants are awarded in three categories: Research (scholarly projects about animal advocacy and its cultural roots and impact); Creativity (original work by artists); and Performance (public performances and exhibitions to raise awareness of animal advocacy). CAF does not fund animal rescue, public protest, and trap-neuter-release programs or species conservation, unless they include a commitment to animal rights and fit into one of the three categories. https://www.cultureandanimals.org/grants/grant-application/. January 31st 2021.