The University of Eldoret through the Directorate of Quality Assurance conducted an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System awareness seminar for members of the student council and class representatives on 14th November, 2022.
This awareness seminar was officially opened by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration and Finance) who is also the ISO 9001:2015 QMS Management Representative, Prof. Wilson Ng’etich on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor Prof. Teresa Akenga.
This seminar was hosted by the Director, Directorate of Quality Assurance Dr. Gertrude Were who was accompanied by the Chairman of Public Complaints Committee Dr. Jacob Onyango, the Deputy Dean of Students Dr. Joseph Mubichakani, the Corporate Affairs & Marketing Manager Dr. Wambui Ng’ang’a and a team from the University of Eldoret Endowment Fund Trust secretariat, Ms. Cynthia Chebii and Ms. Beatrice Cheserek.
In his remarks, the DVC (AF) assured the student leaders of the university’s commitment in ensuring that the requirements of the students are met through improved service delivery. The Management Representative reiterated that the students were the key stakeholders in the delivery of the university mandate of teaching, research, consultancy and outreach. He emphasized that the implementation of ISO 9001:2015 has enhanced the delivery of quality service through:
- Development of processes and procedures leading to increased effectiveness and efficiency in service delivery
- Customer satisfaction
- Compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- Creation of the culture of continual improvement
- Improvement of our documents making them reliable and easy to distribute, access, retrieve and use.
The Director of Quality Assurance in her welcome remarks assured all the participants that the recertification of the University to ISO 9001:2015 Standard was not in vain, and that the required standards for quality service and products will be maintained so as to fulfil the core mandate of the university at all levels.
The topics covered during this awareness seminar were as follows:
- Definition of ISO 9001 QMS
- Basic concepts of Quality
- Benefits of ISO 9001:2015
- Milestones achieved with certification to ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- Role of students in Quality Assurance at UoE
- How to be a good student leader
- Definition of Public Complaint
- Who should complain?
- Composition and role of UoE Public Complaints Committee
- Admissibility of complaints
- Complaints handling procedures
- University of Eldoret Citizens’ Service Delivery Charter
- University of Eldoret Endowment Trust Fund
This awareness seminar was concluded after the participants were given a chance to comment and seek clarification on the issues presented and discussed.
Click on photo to enlarge